So, I'm doing this post for my sister Shareen. Jacob and I are back on phase one of the South Beach Diet for the week, possibly two. Just trying to get back into good habits and lose the vacation weight that we put on. I'm convinced that most of Jacob's weight he gained was from drinking Pepsi all week.
Anyways...
We eat a lot of salads when we are on phase one. The picture above I just threw a bunch of things together that we had on hand.
One head chopped Romaine Lettuce
Hand full of Cherub tomatoes
Cucumber chopped - skin removed
A few red onion for good measure.
Hand full of feta cheese
1/4 Avocado chopped - or more...
Shredded Rotisserie Chicken - I always buy a chicken at Sam's Club each week to have on hand. I take all the skin off and shred it. Makes it easy to throw in salads, soups, sandwiches -whatever.
The dressing is a fat free balsamic vinaigrette.
Yummy!
We actually had this for lunch one day and dinner a few days later. The burger you can buy pre made. All you have to do is warm it up to eat. I bought mine from Sam's Club, but I'm sure you can find something similar elsewhere. This burger is a feta spinach chicken burger -no bun with avocado on top. Can you tell I LOVE avocado?? Side salad to complete the meal.
4 comments:
Looks tasty!
We had a similar salad for dinner this last week inspired by your picture. I'm going to TJs and see if they have the chicken burger. I like instant, and I like anything with avocado too.
It looks very tasty! I would eat more salads if someone would just make them for me ha!
Yeah, looks good. But I hate the first phase of South Beach. I tried it for about 4 days when I was in college studying nutrition - along with other diets - to try and better relate - but couldn't hack it any longer. I love carbs!
But that's how Stacie lost like 30 lbs - she recently found out she's gluten intolerant, red meat intolerant, etc. So she obviously has cut all that junk out but hasn't replace it with a lot of the gluten-free empty carb replacements like rice or potato bread. Anyway, it's hard. But it works.
Post a Comment