Monday, August 13, 2012

Mrytle Beach aka Heaven

I can't even put into words how much fun our trip to the beach was!  I posted a lot of pictures on facebook, but wanted to post on the blog just the same.

We made the trip down south to South Carolina with big expectations!  Let me just say that they were met and exceeded!  It's a bout a 10 hour drive.

Jacob researched for weeks to find the best place for us to stay.  Vacation Rentals By Owner is the way to go!  We decided to stay a little ways from the beach (just a few miles) to get more for our money.  We stayed in a lovely 3 bedroom 2 bath condo that was perfect for our family plus our babysitter that we brought along (best idea ever!)

We arrived Saturday evening.  After we unpacked the van Jacob and I went to the grocery store while Fantasia (our sitter) took the kids to the pool to get out some energy.  Fantasia was so helpful and so easy to have with us.  I miss not having her around! 


Sunday brought church.  It surprised me when Loraya asked if she could go up and bare her testimony!  She has never done it before!  She looked so small going up there all by herself in front of all those visitors and people.  I was so proud of her.

After church we ate some lunch at the condo and went to the beach!  Almost everyday included a trip to the beach, and to be honest it wasn't  enough time spent there!  The beach = heaven on earth. 

 Setting up camp
 Isaac and Loraya were surprised how 'salty' the water was.  Isaac REALLY disliked it and said he would rather go to the pool then the beach.  But, everytime we went to the beach he managed to have fun.




Tuesday we went to Myrtle Waves.  The forecast called for rain, but decided to go anyway.  On our way to there is was drizzling and I was a bit reluctant.  It was still hot, but felt odd to go to the water park in the rain.  Well, the drizzle led to pouring rain with thunder and lightening (which I found out Macey was terrified of!).  But after the park shutting down for about an hour, the skys cleared and we had the park to ourselves!  The kids went to down every slide a few times and loved every second.








Because of Fantasia coming with us, Jacob and I were able to go out 3 different nights while we were there.  What a luxury!! 

 The first night out we went to Broadway at the Beach.  Explored all the shops.
 Ate some yummy shakes.   Those shakes were HUGE bytheway.  After clearing the table our waitress stated that I must not have liked my shake very much.  I told her it was really good, but was way too huge to finish.  She tells me that most people say it's not enough shake and want more.  Ha!
 Our next night out we went to Boardwalk on the beach.  Lots of shops, eating places, live music and rides.  I enjoyed walking out on the pier and walking hand in hand with Jacob on the beach.  Perfect!


 Our last night out we drove to Murial's Inlet. 




We spent time at the pool!





Barefoot Landing had a firework show, which Macey was NOT a fan of.  Right on the water with again, lots of shops and places to eat.  We let the kids pick one ride to go on.

 Loraya wanted to go on this trampoline thingy
 Everyone went on the carousel.


Waiting for the fireworks to start.  Once the fireworks started, Macey and I had to high tail it out of there.  Fireworks is top on his list of things that she is terrified of.  Poor girl. 

Pirates Voyage was really fun for the kids.


 Pirate show and eating.


After dinner and a show we went to the Boardwalk once again so we could take the kids on the skywheel.




After we said goodbye to the beach, we stopped in to see one of my college friends.  Jenner!!  We have been friends for 15 years and I love her to pieces.  They live in NC, so it was great to break up the drive and stop at their house for a while. 


Thats it!!  School starts Thursday...I'm not ready!! 






5 comments:

McArthur Family said...

That's so awesome! I love Myrtle beach too. So glad you guys had a great time.

becky said...

WOW looks amazing! And School starts this Thurs?? Seems so early but it was nice you had one nice trip before everyone goes back to the routine!

Shareen said...

3 random comments: How luxurious to have a babysitter along! That's quite the sandcastle. What an odd experience to be in a dark, stormy & fairly empty water park - future horror movie?

Shannon said...

I love all of the photos, it looks like a perfect vacation. I agree with Shareen, that is a very impressive sandcastle. And Julia, I just have to say - you are BEAUTIFUL! :)

Jenner said...

so great to see you and your cute family! loved your visit. so happy you had such a great vacation too.