Friday, January 20, 2012

The Unplanned

I had my day planned out perfectly for today.

Run this morning.
Lunch date with Isaac.
Cleaning and some reading this afternoon.
Make dinner for a sister in need.
Date night.

Woke up to no school because of a snow day.  Also woke up to Lo throwing up.

My list went out the window.
If there is anything that the Lord is trying to teach me, it is to roll with the punches.

I am trying my best.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I thought you were announcing a new little niece or nephew ;)

The whole being flexible thing is a tough lesson to learn. I hope Loraya is feeling better, and that she didn't share the germs with anyone else!

Unknown said...

Sometimes doing our best is all we can do.....or I guess it is always enough. Hope everyone is healthy soon.

Shareen said...

Boo to stomach ailments. I always wish that if I HAVE to have a sick child, I could at least get a nice fever - not too high to be alarming.

becky said...

That is such a bummer, the whole thing really. Sick kid. List out the window. It's hard to be flexible but extra hard when we had our mind set on accomplishing something.....hope Loraya is better soon....

Linda Toolson said...

I missed your post since we were away. But, I hope Loraya is better. Keep smiling!