Monday, January 23, 2012

Don't Carpe Diem

First, read this article.

I was thinking about this very thing as of late.....this idea of having joy in the journey.  I do.  Most of the time.  But, does having joy in the journey mean to enjoy every single second of every single day??  Is this even possible??

I can't find anything joyous about Macey not sleeping at night.  Is it possible to be joyous at 1:30AM with a toddler that won't stay in her bed?  No.  No it is not.

BUT, I do find great joy waking up in the morning to Macey opening my bedroom door, and climbing in bed with me.  I love our morning snuggles.  That i will miss, I won't miss our middle of the night hang out sessions however.

We have to take the good with the bad right?

So, here is me focusing in on the good, happy motherhood moments of today.

My 5 top mother moments for today include:

1.  Hearing Macey count from 1-11 all by herself.
2.  Lunch date with Isaac. (I won't mention that Macey spilled her entire chocolate milk all down the front of her....nope I won't say anything about it.)
3.  Loraya and I going grocery shopping just the two of us.
4.  Coming home from grocery shopping and having Macey and Isaac yell 'Mom's home!!' ....like me coming home was the greatest thing that has ever happened.
5.  Isaac telling me that I am a really good cook, just like the lunch ladies at school! 

All we can do is keep going...didn't someone say something about this life not being easy..... 










3 comments:

Shannon said...

I loved that article, thanks for posting it!

(Opposition in all things - without the bad moments, we wouldn't appreciate the good.)

Shareen said...

#4 I miss. #5 made me laugh out loud. Isaac is so funny.

LaSchelle said...

I like your positive attitude! I needed that today!