Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wicked, celebrations, and soccer

Well, as most of you know, I FINALLY got to see Wicked! I had very high expectations, and I was blown away by the production. The leads were fantastic. I loved the musical so much more then the book. I knew all the music quite well, but to hear it live on stage was just magical and made me emotional at times.

I wasn't thinking and didn't have my camera, only my phone. I wish you could seen how beautiful the Benedum Center is, the detail, its just so amazing. The chandeliers, which you can't see from my camera phone, were just stunning.

Jacob and I had babysitters for the whole day and enjoyed every second of being together just the two of us. We were going to go eat at the Melting Pot afterward, but didn't know you had to have reservations! We were bummed, but PF Changs was a delicious alternative (their cheesecake and crab won tons are to die for!). This week is a crazy week for Jacob, so it was nice to spend time with him all day, since I won't see him much this week or next....life of a dental student!



Macey had her birthday yesterday! Jacob had to study most of the night, so I made dinner early (Macey's favorite) so he could do the studying that he needed to.


I made lemon cake pops, which were super duper yummy! They are fun to make, check out this here to see how to make them.


Presents followed the cake pops. Macey just didn't get the opening presents thing, she was just happy with the pretty wrapped princess paper. :)


She did have some helpers though. Macey got a new book, clothes, some disney sing-a-long dvds and a little people family house.



Soccer was last on the agenda. Isaac has soccer Monday nights, Loraya has then Tuesday nights, plus games...we are spending a lot of time on the soccer field. Luckily both Loraya and Isaac seem to like it so far.

Happy Birthday to you Macey!



We sure love having Macey in our family. She woke up this morning, I have her kisses and then looked into her blue eyes.... and she did seem older to me.

5 comments:

Kristie said...

your link for the cake pops isn't working. . .
but anyway! looks like you are staying busy as usual.
Wicked is amazing!! So glad you had such an amazing time

Shannon said...

I am glad you liked Wicked - it is my 2nd favorite, after Les Miz. We did cake pops with the yw, so fun... lemon sounds delicious! Good luck with soccer and Jacob's schedule.

p.s. - love the pic of Macey holding her skirt up, ADORABLE!

becky said...

She is so cute, well all your kids are! Miss you guys a lot, sigh. I am glad you got to see Wicked!

Shareen said...

The video worked for me. I love her look of - what are you guys doing, and when can I start eating those delicious-looking things? And Loraya looks so cute in her soccer gear. I'm glad they're both enjoying it.

Alexis said...

so much fun! A whole day out with the husband is priceless. What fun! And I can't believe Macey is 2. It's been too long, I remember her as almost walking.