Mom just left. I only cried a few tears when dropping her off at the airport. Will August please come quickly?
Spring break was last week. Jacob went and skied the best powder in his life with his Dad and brother Josh.
The kids and I spent the week sick. While I'm still bummed that I spent the majority of the week sick while Mom was here, at the same time...THANK GOODNESS my mom was here! I'm not sure what I would have done other wise.
Highlights:
1. Spending time at the Children's Museum in Pittsburgh.
2. Going out to lunch with Mom to Panera, with out kids, and doing some shopping.
3. Mom entertaining the kids day in and out so I could sleep all day and get feeling better.
4. Watching Mom and Macey become pals.
5. Discovering DSW shoe store. Is buying 4 pairs of shoes a bit excessive??
6. Watching lots of college basketball. Sad to see BYU lose, but Jimmer sure made it a fun season to watch!
7. Kissing Jacob after not seeing him for a week.
Our week didn't turn out as planned. But, the most important thing was accomplished...we got to spend time with Mom.
4 comments:
I am glad you are feeling better! Heavenly Father must have known you were going to need your Mom. If you had gotten sick any other week, Jacob would have still had school, so you wouldn't have been able to rest as much.
And... the first time Bronte and I went to a DSW, we bought 5 pairs of shoes between us. :)
Yeah, although you would have loved to be out and about more, when you are sick, it is the best to have your mom around to be "mom" to you AND the kids. Husbands just don't quite cut it. Yes, love DSW too!
Thanks so much for letting Jacob come and ski the powder with Sid and Josh. They sure were a happy bunch of boys at the buffet! I just wish I could have spent more time seeing them all. Soooo glad your mom was there to take good care of you. And NO is not excessive that you bought 4 pair of shoes. I LOVE DSW. We have one across from the mall in the fountains shopping center.
that was definately nice you had mom there to keep you company and help...i forget how hard everything seems with little ones!
Post a Comment