Friday, April 23, 2010

Back on the bandwagon...join me!

Well, I'm back to watching what I eat and trying to shed some unwanted pounds. I've been at it for a little over a week and have been happy with my results thus far. I feel amazing! My motivation? My birthday is just a few months away. Last year when I turned the big 3-0 I was pregnant, out of shape and a good 60 pounds over weight. When I turn 31 this year I have no excuses!


Sorry this is sideways, but Macey is sooo close to making her crawling debut! She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth.

OK, back to eating healthier.....

I'm always looking for tasty, low calorie meals that will fill me up.
I was so excited when I put this little sandwich together....so yummy and only about 180 total calories!!



whole wheat bagel thins
tomato slices
cucumber slices
a few slices of turkey
and laughing cow light spreadable swiss cheese! (I love these laughing cow wedges!)
YUM!

Topped off my meal with an crisp, juicy apple.

What are you eating that is yummy, healthy and low in calories??

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Vegies! :) My favorite is chopped broccoli/pepper/carrots/onion/mushrooms/tomatoes sauteed in a splash of EVOO and garlic. YUM.

Tiffani said...

Smoothies. Frozen strawberries, banana, spinach, yogurt, and oj. Yum.

chelsea said...

It's so hard to get back on the bandwagon. My sister heads up a blog that is trying to help ladies get motivated. Check it out and join if ya want :)
http://ahealthywifeequalshappylife.blogspot.com/

becky said...

I am on that bandwagon too. I wish there was just a easy way but nope! I have had a smoothie made with light soy milk and frozen berries (like from Costco) no sugar added, not bad, pretty low cal. or fresh fruit with a yoplait light yogurt over the top, the thing that shocked me about those yogurts is that they are loaded with sugar, 14 grams!! I also eat the Progresso Weight Watchers soups, they are 2 points for the whole can with a piece of whole wheat bread broken up in pieces in it.

Linda Kelly said...

Better than my fatty Lays picture of the new kind of potato chips. You go girl.

dave&abby johnson family said...

oh friend you are so good! send some of that motivation this way!!!

Alexis said...

I was on the band wagon. I fell off. I have lost my motivation. I need to get it back. Ever since Easter... not good. Life has been too busy. Hopefully May will be better.

HeidiB said...

High protein sweet: If you're a fan of low-fat/non-fat cottage cheese...I like that with mixed berry whipped cream cheese (just a dollop) and sweetener (truvia or spleda). This weirds some people out.
I like a quick lunch salad: spinach, turkey lunch meat cut up, craisins, walnuts/almonds/nut of choice, sunflower seeds and sweet dressing like raspberry vinaigrette.