Man, am I glad to see February end. It was rough. Snow was a plenty, and I'm hoping we are done with it. My kids ask me everyday when is it going to be summer?!
My answer is NOT SOON ENOUGH!
I was all set to get going on making this blog private. I have my reasons. Copy and pasted all the emails...took a good amount of time! Then stupid..i mean dumb (we don't say the s word in our home) computer did something funky and boom...all the emails were erased. rrrrrr...I'm not excited to start all over again! boo. Don't know when I really want to do that all over again...maybe having weird creepy people about isn't so bad after all...Anyways...
Guess what Macey has been up to??
She has cut her first tooth!! Aha! That's why she's been such a terrible sleeper! Poor darling...its on the bottom left. I can't believe she's getting teeth already!
Don't you love chubby baby hands?? Macey is now rolling from back to tummy and tummy to back! No more leaving her on the bed or couch or changing table unattended!
What has Loraya been up to?
She has been begging me to get her hair cut for a long time. So we finally did it! This is not the greatest picture...the kids are still in their jammies and Loraya has bed head. But, you get the idea. It's still somewhat long...but we cut about 6 inches off!
I was at a Young Women activity and didn't get home until after the kids were in bed. This cute picture was waiting for me by the door. Loraya is indeed a sweetheart. It made my night to come home to this nice picture. Although I do have a 'buttful' haha, I believe she was trying to spell beauitful. :)
What has Mr. Isaac been up to?
He sure loves preschool. Here he is in class with one of his little friends. We are always counting down until Thursday when it is time for school. I don't feel too bad only having him go only one day a week, because next year he will be gone all day Mon-Thurs at preK!
Isaac is quite the reader! He does such a good job sounding out words. I guess all that alphabet obsession is good for something! Whatever Loraya is learning at school, Isaac wants to do it too!
What have I been doing?
I know most of the girls in my family has already read this book, but may I just say I LOVED it!

Go to your library and get it! Had a little bit of everything... And may I also just say that this book made me beyond grateful that I was born and raised at this time and not back at the turn of the century! Phew. Those women were tough back then!
I also just freshened up my look as well. A little color (light golden brown) and a nice hair cut. Sorry no picture of me. :)
Oh, and Jacob is still on cloud nine about getting accepted into dental school. Happy day, all is well.
10 comments:
I loved that book, too. You should read the sequel, Sarah's Quilt. I wasn't too excited to read it, but really liked it (not as much as the first, but still very good!)
I am still laughing about the "buttful." So cute.
great update. glad to hear how everyone is doing.
Did you cry like it did in the book?,. . . that was one of my favorites last year when I read it. I read all the sequels too, although it took me a while to WANT to read them. . .because they were missing a certain character!
I agree - Summer can't come soon enough! Love that note from Loraya (I remember another girl who left sweet notes for her mom on the stairs!) Congrats to Macey on that nifty tooth - and again to Jacob, who will no doubt be caring for it. :)
Also, I bet Loraya looks all grown up now... that is always the sad part about hair cuts. And I actually found a pattern for clips! It may not be what you have in mind, but send me an email or post comment with the colors you want and I will make some for you.
(Sorry for writing a book here!)
Nice to get all this good information. Yes, I do remember how I loved to come home and find notes from you. Like mother, like daughter.
Macey seems to be doing all the right things. Nursing may not be so fun from now on.
Loraya would be cute no matter what length here hair.
Loved that book too. Haven't read any sequels, but I will look for them.
It's good to hear all about how you guys are doing. It looks like I'm the last of us to read that book. I'll have to put it on my list. And I want to see your new hair color! I have mine dark right now and can't decide if I like it.
Great update! It is always fun to change up the hair do! You look great with it long or short or even in between. Loraya is adorable. You got to love the buttful word. That should be in the dictionary. Isaac will be the whiz kid in school when he finally is allowed to attend. Macey is growing so fast and still the little dumpling. We are still so excited for Jacob to be in school and can't wait for the acceptance letter to come Josh's way hopefully soon after he retakes the exam on the 11th. Then we can all have a sigh of relief!
Loraya is so sweet and she is right...you are beautiful! Thanks for the great update. Even though we never get to see you guys I am so glad I have the blog to see the kids grow and what you and Jake are up to. I sure hope the snow stops and the sun melts it all away quickly. You guys have definitely had your fare share of snow! We have been staying in the upper 30's and the snow is melting...Yeah!! Now we are just awaiting our little arrival.
ahhh what a sweet note! that is nice to come home to a little sweet surprise indeed. i don't mind waiting for summer, i want spring!!! i am excited for day light savings, not losing the hour but gaining the daylight.
Macey got a tooth too huh?! Well, Connor's is the bottom right, but his left one peeked up yesterday too. Thanks for the info about the nursing. I can't believe Isaac is already reading, he is really smart. He will love school. I'm hoping Bryson will be able to start this school year (preschool) Thanks for the update.
Hooray! I'm so happy for you that he got accepted! That is wonderful!
I can't believe she is so big already! What a cute girl she is!
Post a Comment