Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Weight loss, playlists, and my worst enemy.

So my first item of business is my weigh in this morning. I knew it wasn't going to be a big number because I've been eating chocolate cake this weekend. mmmmm So, I was happy with 1.5 lbs lost. I'm up to running 4 miles now, and I feel totally exhausted afterward. But, 4 is better then 1....which was what I started at! Since I've been keeping track a few weeks ago I've lost 6.5 lbs. However, if you look at my TOTAL weight loss (since I've had Macey) I've actually lost almost 40 lbs! Go me! But, I still have so far to go. But, I like thinking that I only have 5 more lbs to lose and then I'm at my pre pregnancy weight. That's right, I gained a whopping 46 lbs with Macey. :)

I've recently changed my running playlist on my ipod. What a HUGE difference it has been making! I think my old running playlist I've had for like a year or something. So, I was ready for a change! I'm thinking now I should change my playlist like every few weeks. What is your favorite song on your exercise playlist?? What really pumps you up? I have a little of everything on my playlist, but probably my favorite right now is 'Womanizer' by Britney Spears. Haha, I know what you're thinking...but the song is totally fun....and every time it comes on I run as fast as I'm capable of.

Are you wondering what my worst enemy is?? Laundry. Bleh. I hate doing it, I'm always behind and it never ends!! I did like 10 loads of it yesterday.

Anyways, enough rambling.

6 comments:

Linda Toolson said...

I say, any weight loss is great, especially this time of year. I guess the best policy is to be selective in what and how many treats you eat. But, you looked good in the pictures I have of you. We all worry too much about weight.

pieface said...

CONGRATS JULIA!!

My fav song to really get sweating to is "pump it" by the black eyed peas. Also "living on a prayer" by JBJ. It's like a gospel centered rock and roll song. Love it.

Shareen said...

I'm having a really hard time sticking to my rules with all the food around. Good for you for keep plugging away. Music to exercise to - Fuego by Pitbull, Don't Change by INXS (oldie but goodie) & Help I'm Alive by Metric (way overplayed, yet I still love it). That's my weird list of the moment.

McArthur Family said...

Wow! You've lost so much weight since September...that's amazing. I've already gained 50 lbs with this pregnancy and I'm sure there's another 10 coming the next couple of weeks =).

You are amazing!

Shannon said...

A couple of favorites on my exercise playlist (that I should be listening to more often!) are Dirty Little Secret by All American Rejects, Tubthumping by Chumbawamba and The Warrior by Scandal with Patty Smyth. Congrats on the weight loss - that is awesome!
As for laundry, my step-sister gave me a great perspective a few years ago. Every time you have a stack to fold, think how lucky you are (a) to be able to afford all of those clothes, and (b) that your kids are healthy enough to be tumbling around getting them dirty. This perspective works for dishes, too! :)

Jenner said...

hey lady! some of my favorite songs are "tonights the night" or whatever that is from black eyed peas, and an oldie but always motivating goodie is "lose yourself" by emimen, i know, i am a nerd.