Saturday, July 25, 2009

Santa Cruz and rest of California in totally random order

I decided I better post about the rest of our California trip! This is one LONG post.....

In totally random order:

Six Flags Marine World:

We sat in the 'splash zone' for the dolphin show and got totally soaked! I made the mistake of thinking...'that i wouldn't get that wet.' Oops. Poor Isaac probably got it the worst since I hid behind him! Rare picture of all 4.5 of us.


Again, you can see how wet Loraya and Isaac got. Lots of little dressed up characters to take pictures with.


Shouka!


We spent a lot of time here! Seriously, how many times to 2 kids need to go to the bathroom in one day??? I can count at least 7 through out the day.
Isaac was pretty serious most of the day at Six Flags, but he LOVED Thomastown.

Loraya was excited to be able to ride some of the bigger roller coasters! Jacob and Loraya are in the front seat!
Jacob said it was good, I didn't get a bite though.
Kandis and Nic at Costa Vida. Super yummy mexican food.
The kids were so wiped out. Can you see Isaac asleep on the bench at Coast Vida?
Crazy kids spent more time in the 'hot pool' then in the swimming pool.
Like I said, this is totally random order.....
Here is Isaac sitting in my wheelchair. Yes, Jacob pushed me around in a wheelchair while we were in Santa Cruz! Hows that for true love!! Talk about a hit to your pride and ego! I couldn't walk, seriously so painful. I'm not sure what to blame, I'll say the painful varicose veins that I've had this pregnancy. Luckily after a few days I was back to walking with out too much pain.
Cute house that we stayed in while in Santa Cruz.
Love him!
I loved this beach. I was wishing we could have spent some time here. We just took a few pictures.
Waiting to go on the haunted house ride.


Funnel cake on the boardwalk was had. And lots of rides.








Beach!














All too soon it was time to go home! It was so fun seeing everyone and hope to do it again next year! Miss and love all of you already!
**Another not so fun thing that happened is lice. We discovered while in California that Loraya had lice! Yuck! I was really close to shaving all of Loraya's hair off. We went through 3 treatment shampoos and tons of laundry! What a nightmare! I'm guessing that Loraya got lice from sharing a batting helmet while playing tee ball. We won't make that mistake again.
Anyhow. Lots more blogging to catch up on. But, I think I've made this post long enough.

8 comments:

Shannon said...

First of all, I just have to say I am SO sorry you had to go through the lice thing. That was the most traumatic thing I faced in the first ten years of Bronte's life - hated it! I still do random lice checks on the kids, and it has been 8 years since I've dealt with it.
Second, so sad that your legs are causing you pain. Glad you have a sweet husband to take care of you, though!
Third, I am sooo jealous of your beach time. I am having serious withdrawals, with no ocean visits in sight. Sigh. And Loraya looks like a little model posing with her bucket and shovel.
Finally, it looks like you had a great time. And you are such a beautiful prego girl! You definitely have "the glow".
Sorry for writing a book, but you had lots to talk about! :)

Mike and Christy said...

It was so fun to see you guys this year. We definately need to do a Santa Cruz trip again.

And thanks for the dinner gift cards you left in the car. We just found them and that was totally not necessary. But we will enjoy a nice night out. Thanks!

Linda Kelly said...

Loved all the pictures. I know how hard it is to have lice but I think all families have to experience it once in a lifetime. Notice I said ONCE!! We have been lice free since you left so I hope you can say the same!! The beach shots are so fun and the kids in the spa was totally cute! We can't wait to see you again when Macey comes!!

Unknown said...

it was fun chatting with you for a few minutes today.
and no wonder you had such a fun time! it looks like a blast. . . and you didn't mention the wheel chair thing on the phone. .. no fun, but what a nice hubby you have.
wish we had a fun trip planned with you guys . . . oh well. soon, hopefully.
makes me want to go to santa cruz, that is for sure!
oh, and I remember having lice as a child. . . very miserable and embarassing. I haven't had to deal with it as a mother yet.

Laurel said...

I LOVE the long photo posts! Your vacation looks like it was amazing -- and yes, I would want to stay at that beach all day, too. :) The picture of you and Jacob in front of the ocean is fantastic. And I'm VERRRRY sorry you've had to do the lice thing. At least those 3 bottles of shampoo got the job done!

becky said...

the pictures are great, i am way behind with blogging and feel guilty, hopefully this week I can get caught up. I really like your hair long too!

Linda Toolson said...

Too bad it is all just a memory now. Vacations go by way too fast. I hope you don't have any more lice and pain problems. It is so embarrassing to have the lice problem. I too remember dealing with it.

Thanks to all the kellys for taking such good care of you.

Jenner said...

oh good old santa cruz. sorry about your leg issues. do you have to wear support hose? that would be super sexy if you did! kennedi liked seeing the pics of loraya. glad you didn't have to shave the hair off! i hope i never have to deal with that. call me when you have a minute, let's catch up.