This morning I was making the kids breakfast. Loraya looks up at me and says,
'Mommy, there is a huge booger in your nose.'
At least she is not afraid to be honest.
And now onto the dumb ultrasound guy story.
Went to have my ultrasound yesterday and was really excited, like I couldn't sleep the night before excited. Been pretty much looking forward to this moment since I found out I was pregnant. Can I just tell you how terrible the WHOLE experience was?
Good news first:
The baby has legs, arms, a beating heart, all major organs...no complications that dumb ultrasound guy could find.
Bad news:
The cord was between the legs and they couldn't tell if the baby was a boy or girl. AND they will not do another ultrasound, so that means it will be a surprise. I'm not a surprise kinda girl. I know I have one of each, but I had no intention of not finding out the sex of the baby.
Reasons the ultrasound guy was dumb:
1. His greeting when I walked in the room was not friendly. All he told me to do was lay down there and pull your shirt up.
2. He hardly talked the whole time. So, I'm thinking he's not talking because something is wrong. He doesn't explain anything whatsoever that is being seen on my ultrasound screen. OK, he doesn't need to have this super bubbly personality...but he could have been a bit more sensitive to a poor pregnant girl's feelings (poor pregnant girl would be me.)
3. He says Ok all finished. I ask, 'did you see if it was a boy or girl?' He then tells me after we're all done that the cord was between the legs and couldn't tell. The dumb guy didn't even ask if I wanted to know the sex of the baby. Didn't even say, 'oh that's too bad we can't tell what the sex of the baby was.'
I plan on calling the office and complaining. This makes me nervous because I'm not the type of person to complain. I've talked to several other mothers that have had similar experiences, similar meaning bad, with this dumb ultrasound guy.
14 comments:
That is awful! What a jerk! He's lucky it wasn't me in there, because I've been known to share my opinions, particularly when I am pregnant. Ask me sometime about when Tiffani and I went to Walmart, and I chewed a guy out in the parking lot! It'll have you ROTFLOL-ing!
Oh, Julia, I am so sorry. You should definitely call and complain - especially if you are not the first person to have had this experience! I completely agree with you about the job requirements; totally perky is not necessary (although it is nice) but he should be considerate.
As far as having to be surprised, take heart - it really is like the best birthday present in the world when they tell you who you have! And I can always make your blanket with some of the yummy brown and lime green fabrics...
I hope today is better!
Man, that's awful. I really hope some good comes out of your complaining--at least maybe you will save another poor pregnant person from having the same experience. You guys don't any options for additional ultrasounds? I know there are some clinics out here that will do a gender check only for about $50 or there's those more expensive places in the malls. Are these Utah things?? Good luck!!!!
Well, I started to tell people that I am not going to find out because I have one of each and now I am thinking maybe I do want to know. But after hearing your story I will wait it out with you!
Good Luck and lets see if we can make a three for three match.
Ps We were with in miles of Morgantown last week and if i would have known that I would have been calling you for sure. Your invite is still open anytime. We have enoguh extra tickets for your family to go with us to the National Aquarium, but we have to use them before June.
OK seriously, what a dink! I am so sorry, we had him last week and he was NOT like that at all! I am sorry, I would have bawled my eyes out right in front of him!!!!!!! I think you should call the office, I think you have a right to know what the sex of your baby is! ts not your fault he didn't try to get the baby to move to find out the sex!
Oh friend, good luck , let me know how it goes!
I'm sorry, that's SOOOO frustrating. Even though I had a similar experience with the "dumb ultrasound guy" I didn't have to wait to find out the sex of the baby. That makes it all the more frustrating. if you call and complain, you're welcome to tell them my name too. I would call, too, but it's not as open of a wound as your experience is, so i probably wouldn't get very far. Let them know how you feel!!! So sorry. I WISH I could have warned you. Sorry!!
Complain! Rant! Rave! You reserve that right as a preggo. He should be transferred to x-rays or something.
Awwww, thanks for the love friends! I'm still working up courage to call and complain.
I'm so sorry that all of that happened. Hopefully when you call to complain they will give you another ultrasound and maybe this time you'll be able to find out what it is. Good luck!
That is ridiculous! I would definitely complain and have them do another ultrasound for you for free. If not then you should go to this place I went to in California that told me the sex of my baby when I was just 16 weeks pregnant and they gave me a DVD of the ultrasound and pictures. It was great. So when you guys are out there this summer you could do that.
I'm not one to call and complain either, what about your hubby?? Would he do it for you? If not just think it might get you another one so it would be worth it.
call them & ask them to re do the ultrasound for free. Hey, how do you even know he was telling the truth, especially since he didn't tell you that the cord was between the legs until after he was finished.
Serious!! I would totally complain. At least Loraya can tell you what she sees, maybey she should do his job! j/k. I feel for you tho. I hate the surprise, and I have been dying to know what you guys are having. I also hate complaining, you should find out why they won't do another ultrasound. I hope things work out. Just get a good pep talk before you call.
Call back and insist on another ultrasound. Do they do it in office or at a lab? Either way, you should be able to get it done for well under $100. My doctor doesn't do gender indicating ultrasounds either, but is always willing if a patient is willing to pay.
Go girl!
Post a Comment