no more diapers!
I finally got down to business with training Isaac on Monday. Isaac filled up his potty chart quickly this week. We had our ups and downs, and I almost gave up because of frustration. But, then all of a sudden it just clicked for him. He'll even go into the bathroom and go all by himself!
We went and picked up Toy Story 2 for his reward for being such a big boy!
11 comments:
ok, don't put a title of big news, when you just announced that you wanted to get pregnant!
but seriously, getting isaac potty trained is a wonderful step! I think we all almost give up during the process. when they are ready, they let you know.
congrats to both of you. are you sure you want to start all over with the diapers now???
Wow! Less then 1 week, go Isaac! I hope that Bryson won't take as long, I want him potty trained before July. Well I hope that Isaac keeps doing well, I'm glad that you didn't give up, just think of all the $$ you will save now!!
I'm with Kristie. After announcing that you're hoping to get prego, that was where my brain went too.
Congratulations Isaac! Good job :-)
That's awesome, are you sure you want to start over again so soon ... (I just read Kristie's comment and I guess she was thinking the same thing)
Hooray for Isaac - and for you! And as for starting over, those teeny-tiny newborn diapers are totally different from the toddler messes. :)
Yes, i was thinking when I titled this post that everyone would think I was pregnant. That sure would be quick if it were true! ;)
Yeah Isaac!! He looks so happy to have his potty chart done. I knew he could do it. What a big step for him. There will be ups and downs but at least he is on the right path!! I was thinking the big news was Jacob had an interview date at the dental school. You can see where my mind is!!!
That's awesome! I need to know how you did it! I've got to do the same with Jax.
congrats that is great news. Way to go!
How about detailed instructions on how to potty train a toddler? Liv turns three soon and I have no clue where to begin, but we have been talking it up big time. I'm scared to death and so afraid that I will give up after one day trying.
Help!!
Here's what worked for Isaac:
Bribery. He really wanted the movie Toy Story 2. So we made a sticker chart and everytime he went in the potty he put a sticker on his chart.
Excitement. Like peeing and poohing in the potty were the greatest thing that ever happened. Isaac does well with lots of positive reenforcement. We would clap, cheer, dance, sing, yell...when he was sucessful.
Don't give up. Well, unless they really aren't ready for being potty trained. If they aren't really ready..don't fight them on it. Just wait a few months and try again. Isaac was 3, so I KNOW he was ready. You'll be doing A LOT of laundry. When I was just about ready to throw in the towel (about day 3) all of a sudden it just clicked with him.
Juice it up. Isaac would drink his juice and I KNOW he would have to go potty at least a 1/2 hour after he drank his juice. So I would set the timer for 30 min. When the buzzer went off I set him on the potty.
Good Luck!! Potty training isn't easy and takes ALOT of patience.
Post a Comment