Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas!

This is a long post....


On December 23rd some of the youth from Morgantown 1st and 2nd Ward were able to go to the Washington DC temple. It was the perfect way to feel the spirit of the season and give service. I've never been to the Washington DC temple, and it was just gorgeous. I was so happy I was able to be there with my Young Women.



Christmas Eve was very different this year with just the 4 of us! However, we still decorated sugar cookies, opened our Christmas jammies and read the Polar Express. I even attempted making homemade cinnamon rolls this year (does the pan look familiar Pam? :) )

While we were decorating sugar cookies Jacob noticed a fire engine right outside our townhouse. The townhouse across the street was on fire!! I watched in tears as the firemen broke open the door and see the townhouse go up in flames! What a terrible thing to happen. We feel so blessed that no one was hurt and no other town homes were damaged.

On a happier note, it was fun wrapping Christmas presents and watching 'A Christmas Story' with Jacob after the kids went down to bed.




Christmas morning started at 7 AM, not too bad for two very excited kiddos! I took the kids picture on the stairs and then watched them excitedly see what Santa had brought them. Loraya got her baby doll that open and closes it's eyes, and Isaac was VERY excited to open the box with loads of Disney Pixar 'cars.' Jacob got a guitar. Julia got a spa gift certificate. It was a great Christmas.

Soon after opening presents we packed up the car and drove to Kentucky to spend a few days with Josh, Alexis and family. We went shopping the day after Christmas, along with everyone else in Kentucky. One night we actually got a babysitter for the kids and we went out on a group date and saw 'Seven Pounds' and ate at 'On The Border,' a Mexican place. We all liked the movie, but if you go see it, remember the tissues!! :)

We look forward to seeing our friends Jenner, Tye, Kennedi, and Zac in the next few days to spend the New Year's Eve with us. Its been a busy month! I'm sad to see it pass so quickly.

We want all our family and loved ones that live so far away from us that we love and appreciate you so much and we missed spending the Holidays with you.

8 comments:

Linda Kelly said...

Ditto on missing all of you so far away. It was fun to hook up the camera and see you all in person. Glad the weather permitted you to drive over and see Josh and Alexis and spend a few days of fun. We actually didn't decorate cookies this year. We tried the gingerbread house thing and didn't do to hot! No offence to Kristin and Christy's efforts. It is a lot harder than it looks. We also tried some new recipe's from mom's cook book and just enjoyed having at least a couple of the 6 kids around. Love all the pictures and the wonderful picture of the Washington DC temple. My dad and Marge served there for 18 months on a mission and just loved the temple at Christmas time. We went to the temple on the 23rd also!!

becky said...

It looks like you have been super busy. For me there is always mixed emotions about the season and year coming to a close, but none the less it still comes and goes. I wish we could all be together too, it's so hard with everyone here and there. At least we have the blog so we can feel a part of your family events! I will call you soon...

Alexis said...

I didn't know you got a spa certificate, that is a great gift... I'll trade you for my socks! :-) It was great having you guys here and I am glad that you are only 6 hours away. Bryson misses Isaac already.

Unknown said...

so glad to see a christmas post and that you had such a fun and busy time! your events just keep on coming. .. more visitors still!! have a great time. we miss you tons

Shannon said...

The pictures of the DC temple surrounded by Christmas lights is breathtaking. What a great youth activity for December! And I am very impressed with your rolls. One of these years, I really should get brave and try your mom's recipe, but yeast really scares me. The kids look so excited and happy... nothing beats Christmas morning with the under 8 set. Love and miss you guys, too!

Jaime said...

sounds like a fantastic Christmas. The pictures at the temple are great, and I especially love the night time shot.

eberle said...

Julia, it looks like you did a great job keeping up some of the family Christmas traditions and making your own. I'm glad you guys had a fun Christmas. Shareen

Pamela said...

As soon as you started talking about Christmas eve I began thinking about last year! We really miss you guys and that was a really fun Christmas eve!