Right now its a toasty 5 degrees outside. I didn't know it was a 2 hour delay because of the cold temperatures this morning, I found this out AFTER Loraya, Isaac, Luci (Yes, Luci the dog is back for Christmas.) and I waited at the bus stop for 15 minutes. Luci seemed to be the only one having fun, the rest of us were freaking freezing. I should mention that the wind is blowing hard today as well. Which probably makes the temperature around -8 degrees or something.
I just got a phone call from the school warning parents to not let their children wait outside for the bus today for longer then 10 minutes. They weren't sure of the lasting effects that cold would have on the children. YIKES!
Welcome Winter! I hope you don't stay too long.
7 comments:
Don't West Virginians know you're supposed to be taking a two-week Christmas vacation for staying indoors and sipping hot cocoa and all that now anyway? I hope it gets back up to the balmy 30s for you soon.
Brrr...that is cold! Today we had a major snow storm but it was not that cold thank goodness. We got at least a foot of snow!
We have been enjoying the single digits for the last couple of days, too. It is kind of exciting! :)
Your Christmas break starts late!
Boy I can relate to the cold temps! We have been enjoying them too. At first winter seemed a little slow in getting here, so I thought to myself maybe this will be a mild winter. WRONG, it just took a little while to arrive but it seems to be sticking around now. Oh well, gotta start wearing all those coats, vests, and scarfs :)
That is too cold for me!! Even with my hot flashes!!! It shouldn't last forever and then you will have your beautiful spring weather to look forward to. Bundle up and stay warm and give Luci a pat on the had for us!
I hear ya. Unfortunately your -8 sounds better than our -15 with the wind shield. Really that wind is deadly. Luckily it has warmed up since. Have fun with Lucy, I guess that means we won't see you guys, bummer!
hope it has warmed up and you had a great christmas. we sure wish you were here. it is rainy and cold in st george, but i think it is snowing up north. we were lucky to get out of there. it was a huge snowstorm.
Post a Comment