Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

Reflecting back on Thanksgiving this past week, I just feel so blessed. I feel blessed because not only do I have an amazing family but, I married into an amazing family as well. Jacob's mom and dad, sister Kandis and husband Nic, Jacob's brother Josh, wife Alexis and sweet kids Megan and Bryson were able to spend the Holiday with us at our home. So, that would be 12 people plus a dog staying at our house last week! (we were dog sitting for Brita and Jason) And it was so fun!


What we did:

Were dog sitters for the week. Luci is such a good doggie.


Did Random project around the house...like garage shelving...



Added some hardware to our cabinets.



FINALLY installed a light in our master bedroom and the kids' bedrooms.



Blinds for downstairs.



And put in a new light fixture in the kitchen.



Listened to these annoying little dogs sing 'Jingle Bells' at least a hundred times.




Played at the park.



Made a wish.


Danced.



Cooked.




Smiled for lots of pictures.



Played with cousins.



Ate the BEST turkey EVER. Seriously. So MOIST. (that was for you Grandma Kelly.)



Laugh until we thought we would pee our pants.




Bowling with 'that baby' Isaac referred to Bryson as 'that baby' the whole week.




Played some shooting games.



Played Laser Tag.


Bumper Cars!
Thanks for EVERYTHING. I loved having everyone come and stay with us, even though it was FREEZING. Now, I have my parent's visit to look forward to. YEAH!

10 comments:

Shannon said...

I am glad you had a fun Thanksgiving and family to celebrate with. Cute pictures!

Anonymous said...

I heart your blog :) My SIL lives in Morgantown and loves it! I am over here in the Eastern Panhandle, but most of my family went to school at WVU, so we are there frequently! Hope you don't mind me stopping by!

McArthur Family said...

Your turkey looked so good!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a fun time with Jacob's family. It looks like you were very busy. I wish I had taken more pictures. I didn't get any of Becky's family.

Your blog is so cute. You will have to show me how to jazz mine up a bit.

Unknown said...

i love your new layout for christmas.
also looks like you had a great week with a lot of fun times. tons of great pictures in there for the scrapbook!
you will be busy the next few weeks with all your visitors!!

Alexis said...

It was a blast, and didn't seem crowded at all. Thanks for hosting such a fun Thanksgiving weekend, Megan was crying for Loraya last night.

Linda Kelly said...

So much fun and the week flew by to fast. Yes, the turkey was MOIST! Actually the best turkey I have ever ate!! Fell right off the bone and Sid didn't even have to carve it!! We had so much fun with the kids and we were glad a few of the family could come and join in on the fun. Can't wait for another trip to WV. Hopefully it will be during the warm season!

Kristin Rose said...

So Sad I missed out. I will have to plan my own trip some time to visit you guys. Miss you lots. Give the kids a big squeeze for me:)

Anonymous said...

What a fun time! It's so fun to see pictures and feel like you were there, sort of. Now bring on Christmas ...

Jenner said...

wow, looks like a ton of fun. i miss you, i will try to give you a call sometime this week.oh and loraya isn't looking as puffy as before, that is good.