Wednesday, November 12, 2008

On My Mind...

Dental School. No we haven't heard anything yet, and I'm beginning to wonder when we will.


Visitors!! Yeah, we LOVE visitors and can't hardly wait to see Jacob's mom and dad, sister Kandis and husband Nic. (Hopefully Josh and Alexis and fam too? ) Morgantown isn't that exciting, but having people come visit sure is!!


Young Women's lesson on Sunday. I love teaching, but I worry about it all week long.


What to do about Isaac getting up in the night. I'm open to any and all suggestions at this point. Last night he was up like 5 different times. I'm tired of it all. He's almost 3, shouldn't he be sleeping through the night by now??


Speaking of Isaac almost being 3, I'm going to have a birthday party for him. So party themes, and party planing has been on my mind. It might sound kind of dumb, but he's so obsessed with letters I was thinking about a alphabet theme party. Dumb or good idea?


Maybe getting a gym membership?? This is so so exciting to me. They are having a really great deal at Lakeview Fitness for the Holidays. So, that may be my Christmas gift to myself, getting back in shape. The really great thing about the membership deal is that includes the childcare and 150 tans. So I'll be getting back in shape and getting skin cancer at the same time. Awesome.

13 comments:

Linda Kelly said...

Can't wait to see all of you in a couple of weeks. I hope the weather will be nice and we won't have any trouble flying in from California. Loved the comment about getting into shape and getting skin cancer at the same time. I always say tan fat is better than white fat!!! (I am not implying that you are fat, I would never do that!!)

Jenner said...

maybe you could give isaac a reward if he stays in his own bed all night. or make a sticker chart. or threaten to lock him up in a closet, or throw him out back. jk. sounds like you have a lot on your mind. i am still crossing my fingers about DS for you.

Anonymous said...

I think having a party based on what Isaac likes is the best idea and it's a little different. I guess the only good thing about doing a party with a theme that is popular at the time is it's easy to buy all the "stuff" you need. Good luck! I am glad I don't have to do parties anymore, I just have to worry about things like college, missions, cars, etc etc haha

McArthur Family said...

I'm starting the workout group in January, Tuesdays and Fridays at 9am if that helps with the decision making.

Alphabets sound fun!

I'm sure your YW love having you as a teacher!

Dental School...well, it's WV and they aren't predictable. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

yeah so I talked to them and they said the 300 dollars is everything but the membership. So you get the daycare and tanning and locker for that for a year but, not the stinken membership!! WHAT the heck right!! I was like okay that is stupid. So you have to pay like 35 dollars a month on top of the 300 dollars. Maybe she will swing you a better deal but I know it is still going to be more than the 300 dollars. I am so sorry. It is all my fault to get your hopes up. Forgive me??

Unknown said...

My gym membership just expired, and I am going to do my own thing for a while. I am actually liking it for right now. But I know I will eventually miss the gym and then I will look into getting another membership. They just charge so much!

I am looking into this certain video workout system. I will have to let you know if I get it and how it is.

As for Isaac, that has got to be getting really old. I can relate to the frustrations, but don't really have any great suggestions. Some sort of reward system??

Shannon said...

Sorry Julia, I have no advice about the sleeping - other than assuring you that someday he will be 13 and you will be shaking him awake at 6:20 so he can get to jazz band!
As far as the alphabet theme, I think that sounds perfect! You could let each of the kids make an alphabet book. Cut out pictures of things that start with A and put them in one pile, B in another, etc (in case some guests aren't sure of their letters yet) and give them each a mini spiral notebook to glue them in. And you could send home alphabet cookies (Trader Joe's has big tubs, I think, or maybe it is Costco). You could get large diecut letters at the scrapbook store and personalize party hats for each of the guests. Or what about alphabet bingo? Make bingo cards with the letters scrambled up different on each one (you will have two extra letters).
Sorry, this is getting really long.
Have fun with your visitors, and good luck with the yw lesson and the health club. And Dental School, of course. YOU are on my mind! :)

dave&abby johnson family said...

Oh friend you are too cute! I think your party theme idea for Isaac is way cute, you could do a lot of fun thing for that. And good luck with the gym thing it sounds awesome! I would love to get into shape and have skin cancer with you too! :)

Jaime said...

I love the alphabet theme idea for his party. What a great idea. Good luck with YW lesson, you'll do great. I remember being very nervous when there was a big important lesson to be taught, but you'll do fine & the Lord will guide you.

Alexis said...

I think a letter party would be fun! You could play Letter bingo, we played animal sound bingo for Megan's 3rd b-day (i can send you the bingo cards I created if you want) I am also excited about coming to visit, keep your fingers crossed for good weather, and that Josh doesnt find a job. As for keeping Isaac sleeping thru the night. I would put up a childs gate in front of his door so that if he does get up he can't get out (unless he knows how to get passed them) but like what Jenner said the reward chart. We would tell Megan that she would have to stay in her bed to earn a treat for the next day, and only if she stayed in bed she could get a treat. I guess I should have just e-mailed you. Sorry so long

Shareen said...

I wish I remembered how I got Camille to finally sleep through the night. She was almost 3, and I was very pregnant and getting very little sleep when I decided that she would not be getting me up in the night anymore. I don't remember how I did it though. I think we stopped talking to her at all at night, just led her back to bed as many times as she came in. And I think whichever parent it was she wanted, the other one was the lucky one who got to lead her to bed. Getting your kids to sleep is not as easy as it sounds!

Anonymous said...

Hey Aunt Julia! Paul here.... and incase ur wonderin, im the jazz band boy. and from what ive heard, ( not tp brag) i was the worst sleeping child... he'll get over it :) hope u dont have to do what my mom did... she would play with me for and hour and than dad would take me for a drive. Good luck with the party plans, sounds like a coolio idea.... See ya :)

the Rew Crew said...

Liv is almost three as well and she used to be the WORST sleeper...up numerous times a night.

All I can say is 'Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child.' I consult it all the time since we are always in a state of sleep training.

And I love my gym membership. I highly recommend one to all moms.