Thursday, November 20, 2008

Diversity?

A weekly newsletter that is sent home in Loraya's backpack informed me that they were discussing diversity for the next few weeks in school. Which was kind of funny, because yesterday Loraya told Jacob that she played with a boy that 'had a brown head.' Looks like Jacob and I (and the school) could to a better job with the whole diversity thing.

Today Isaac and I were hanging out in the kitchen. I needed to make a phone call and the phone happened to be ALL the way down stairs. I asked Isaac to go get the phone for Mommy. (usually this is really fun to go fetch things for mommy because I'm too lazy to move.) Isaac then tells me, 'No mommy you get it. I'm too busy." I wonder where he's heard this before?? :)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

When my kids asked me why other people had "brown skin" or "orange hair", I always stole the quote from the Kevin Costner - Robin Hood: "because Allah (I said Heavenly Father) loves variety" :)

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious about the phone. Boy they pick up on things quick, I always wondered why they seemed to repeat the things we don't want to reminded that we've said.