Isaac is really good at entertaining himself. With Loraya gone at school all day long, I was worried how Isaac would do not having a playmate. Turns out that I am an OK replacement. Although I just will not play pretend...you know like play with Isaac's cars or animals with him...it gets old after a few minutes. I'll play ball, color, paint, hide and seek, read books all are fine activities that I'll agree to...i just don't do pretend.
Loraya is already worried about what everyone else has/is doing. While it is nice that Loraya is so agreeable, I wish she didn't care so much about pleasing everyone around her.
For example:
We were getting shoes and socks on to walk out to the bus this morning. I told Loraya that she better wear her rain boots because it had been raining. It surprised me that she didn't want to wear her rainboot and wanted to wear her tennis shoes. Loraya and Isaac can be seen in their Hello Kitty and Lighting Mc Queen rain boots even if it's bone dry outside and its 80 degrees out. When I asked Loraya why she didn't want to wear her boots she told me no one else at school wears rainboots. sigh. This is starting already? I now also have to pack her a lunch once a week because her friend Troy ALWAYS brings a lunch.
I think my new outlet, instead of eating, is organizing. Jacob and I have been tackling the garage the last few days in hopes that before winter comes we'll be able to park our van actually INSIDE the garage. It's so fun to throw junk away, and make things look clean and pretty. We still have a long ways to go before the garage actually looks pretty, but we made a good dent in it yesterday.
Ever heard of Flight of the Conchords? They are HILARIOUS. Jacob and I just bought the first season on DVD and have been watching it nightly. Warning...i don't think their humor is for everyone. :)
I guess that's it. Random and maybe a tad boring....
10 comments:
Tell Loraya that she is the "fashionista" and will be the one setting all the trends and that everyone else will want to start wearing/doing what she is doing. And yes, flight of the conchords is so funny. I've only seen a few clips online but I always die laughing!
We love Flight of the Concords as well. If there wasn't all that cussing, I would recommend it to others :-)
Favorite line? "I'm the hip-hop-a-pottamus, my lines are bottomless..."
Good advice Dis, I was thinking the same thing. I hope that it gets better. Good luck with the cleaning, I hope you get it done before winter, it is no fun to scrape the windows in the morning.
Oh boy! That is so funny about Loraya! She is so cute! I think rainboots are pretty hip!
Flight of the Chonchords is the greatest thing to come from Australia since...ever. When I was in London on my study abroad we watched "Business time" every day, especially on Wednesdays.
Lots going on at the Kellys! I empathize with your whole post...I used to have to be the yellow power ranger, while doing the laundry, with Joe...felt so sad the first time I realized my kids cared more what their peers thought than what I thought...LOVE organizing (sadly, I am the only one in my immediate family who does)...and have been laughing at Flight of the Conchords ever since Kelly introduced me to "Business Time".
I agree with Kandis that Loraya should be the fashion setter. She always looks sooo cute. I love your new blog page. Such talent! I haven't anything to blog about for a while. Maybe on our journey,.
I LOVE FOTC. I think the writers are genius'. I sometimes bust out in the song "Mermaids"
I looked up FOFC Business on Youtube, and that was very funny. I wish Anya was more concerned about what other kids think. Then maybe she wouldn't be perfectly content to walk Camille to school with her bedhead hair and pajamas.
Oh, and I don't play pretend either. If I do break down and play, I set the timer for about 10 minutes and then when it goes off come up with some housework I have to do.
Post a Comment