Friday, September 5, 2008

Chestnut Ridge Park

It seems as if our summer is just beginning here in Morgantown with the hottest days this past week. Fall is quickly around the corner, but while it's hot...we might as well enjoy it.

Today I went up to Chestnut Ridge Park with Alicia and her kids. Such a great place, I can't believe we've never been up there before. The lake is man made, but has a roped off swimming area for the kids. The park had nice sand for the kids to throw around and get filthy in. Also a playground, volleyball net, huge grass area and you can also fish there as well. Fun!

A few pictures to document the day:


Loraya liked looking for pretty rocks.


Collecting rocks


In case you're wondering why Loraya dominates all the pictures the answer is simple. Isaac just doesn't hold still long enough. So I do have two kids, but Loraya likes to smile, while Isaac does not.

Sand


Oh, here's Isaac. See he was there too.


frolicking in the water.

11 comments:

Linda Kelly said...

Looks like a great place to take Mike and Christy when they come!! If the weather is good in November we can go and visit too!! It is always fun to find new places to take the kids and relax.

Unknown said...

i am hoping that our really hot weather is behind us now, but it looks like you found a fun place fot the kids. it has everything, water, park, etc. glad you had a great time. you always seem to get out and do something.

LaSchelle said...

That looks like fun! Is it far from your home? It is so beautiful back there. I hope you are enjoying your time there.

Is Jacob doing dental school back there?

Thanks for the update on Loraya. We are praying for her. love you!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a fun time. We should all be happy to keep the sunshine for just a little longer. I wish Loraya's little face was not so swollen. It makes me sad for her not to be herself.

Alexis said...

What is it about little kids and collecting rocks? That is all Megan did with her little friend when we went camping.

McArthur Family said...

Love the paint in your house and seeing Loraya so happy. We must play soon.

Shannon said...

What a fun day! That little lake even makes Fall worth waiting for... I am glad you are "making hay while the sun shines"! :)

Jaime said...

What a fun day. THe kids look cute. I love the picture of Loraya frolicking in the water. She's a beauty!

Jenner said...

looks like fun. let's start making a plan for seeing each other. when are you going to ky again? l
l'ville is only a 2 hr drive from here, so let's get something planned!

Christina said...

Hey Julia! Your family is sooo beautiful. We saw Linda the other day. It was so fun...we are in Rocklin for a few weeks. We are keeping you in our prayers and went to the temple Friday and put Loraya and the family on the prayer roll. Miss you. xoxo

dave&abby johnson family said...

How fun I want to go!!!! Can I come next time? Where is it? How is Loraya?