Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ups and Downs


Loraya's meds. Taken twice a day.


Sorry I haven't updated about Loraya in a while. We had a two week break with doctor visits and treatments, which was nice. Friday we go in again and see what the next phase will be. I'm not sure if Loraya will need additional treatment or not, hopefully we will know more after the doctor's visit on Friday.





We have our good and bad days. Loraya most of the time just seems really tired. She doesn't have her usual energy level. For example, Thursday we took the kids to the mall play place and Loraya just laid on the bench or sat on my lap the whole time while Isaac was running and jumping around. Another thing which is not like Loraya, she's always saying she wants to go home when we're at the park, at a friend's house playing or where ever. It's a little discouraging. I'm sure a lot of her tiredness comes from all of the medication she's taking. She has days where she looks great and doesn't look swollen at all. Other days her stomach and face seem quite swollen. A lot of up and down days.





I think it always helps to look on the bright side of things even when things don't seem too bright and sunny. So, here are some fun things we've done this weekend:






  • Bought a winter coat, snow pants and 3 blanket sleepers for $1.75 at a yard sale.

  • Went to the Farmer's Market and bought yummy peaches, tomatoes, and sweet corn.

  • Went to lunch with Friends.

  • Went to the park.

  • Mommy went running.




I'll give another update about Loraya after her doctor check up on Friday.

12 comments:

Alexis said...

I sure hope that Loraya takes medicine good. That is no fun. I'm glad that you guys are able to get out and about. I hope that Loraya gets feeling better.

Unknown said...

always sending love your way. ..

Erika said...

mmmmm there is nothing better than sweet corn & peaches from the farmers market. Yum yum yum.

That is a lot of medicine. What a trooper!

Linda Kelly said...

I can't believe all those meds she has to take. I wonder how effective they are all together. She is sure getting a lot of things into her system. One of them hopefully will do the trick and she will get better. We are thinking of you every day!! Lots of love. The bargain hunter in you is still finding great deals and the farmers market is the best place to get the farm fresh produce. Enjoy!!

Shannon said...

Poor Loraya ... those medicine bottles look overwhelming. I am glad that you guys have had a little break from the dr.
And great deals at the garage sale! Start looking for the snow suits- those are the best! You don't feel guilty if your kids only wear them once when you pay less than $5, but they sure make the snow more fun!
I will be looking forward to your post on Friday, and continuing to pray like crazy. Love you guys.

LaSchelle said...

I know how you feel, Julia. When Jacob had all those problems, I was really concerned and worried a lot. I had to give him so much medicine and it was sad for us to see him go through those things. You are so good to look on the bright side of things... I found great comfort as I prayed for him and studied the scriptures to know how I could help him. Rob gave him blessings and in addition to blessing him, they also instructed me how to help. We'll keep praying for Loraya and for your family.

Have you looked into other options like homeopath doctors.. or chiropractors...I don't know what you think about that, but usually they are more natural without side effects and won't interfere with other medications. Just a thought. The Lord is watching over you and I love you, too!

kelly said...

man, Julia, my heart ached for you guys when I read your blog. Sending happy thoughts your way.... :)

Jaime said...

We pray the appointment goes well for her. Bless all of you & glad you are trying to have fun even when she doesn't feel like it.

Jenner said...

that is a lot of medication. i hope she gets back to herself soon. score on the garage sale!

The Law Spot said...

Hey, Julia! I had NO idea Loraya was having such a hard time. I just saw your mom last weekend in Seattle and she didn't mention anything about it. Tell her, she's fired! We will for sure keep you guys in our prayers. Hang in there!

Kristen said...

I am so glad Loraya is pretty good about taking her meds! I still have to physically force Jonathan's mouth open to take his. It's so hard to see your kids not be themselves. Hopefully she will be back to herself soon!

Stacie said...

No fun! Hopefully this will all be over soon and life can get back to normal (whatever that is ). She seems to be hanging tough. Kids are so resilient! Keep us posted!