Saturday, August 30, 2008

Family Fast For Loraya

**edited below**

Jacob and I will be fasting for Loraya tomorrow.

If you would like to join in our family fast every prayer is appreciated. We are fasting for her protein in her urine to go down into the normal range and for her blood count to be in the normal range as well. If these 2 things look good (protein in the urine and her blood counts), 2 weeks from now she will not have to do another round of chemo and the doctor will start easing her off her medication as well.

The side affects to the medication is especially hard on Loraya, and to be honest, it's hard for the whole family as well.

I have no question that all will end well for Loraya. She is a very strong and determined little girl and such a joy to have in our family.

***So I have totally lost my mind and thought that tomorrow is fast Sunday, which it is not. I will still be fasting tomorrow...but those of you that would like to fast but want do it on the first Sunday of the month, feel free. :)

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Count us in. Love you guys.

Linda Kelly said...

We will do anything you ask. I put Loraya's name in the Sacramento Temple and your names as well. We love you guys and hope for the best with Loraya's care.

Jenner said...

i'm not family, but count me in too.

Anonymous said...

We will do our fast next Sunday as we just got home late tonight and ate on our way home. We also have a family dinner planned for after church tomorrow for Brian R. before he leaves on Tuesday. But she will surely be in our prayers each and every day.

Erika said...

I'm still nursing so I couldn't today but you guys are definitely in our prayers.

Unknown said...

it worked perfect for us, as it was fast sunday today because next week is stake conf. we are praying for little loraya!

LaSchelle said...

We will fast too! Love you, Julia!