I love Nordstrom. I worked there for about 3 years before transitioning from working woman to full time, stay at home Mommy.
My love for shopping started at an early age as did my love for Nordstrom. I'm pretty sure this is because of 1. Nordstrom is all over Seattle and 2. I loved watching the guy play the piano and 3. I loved the Anniversary Sale.
EVERY year we would wake up early and attend the annual Anniversary Sale. (Starts July 18, 7 AM go go go!) We usually would buy our shoes and school clothes during this grand event. There is nothing like the high you receive after buying a new pair of killer shoes AND have them be on sale. If you're near a Nordstrom go to this sale, but go early...the good stuff goes fast. I'm pretty sure that Jacob is breathing a sigh of relief that we don't live ANYWHERE near a Nordstom at this moment.
Going to visit Utah meant going to Nordstrom. Which meant stocking up on MAC essentials. I was really beyond excited to go and buy some super hot stilettos and maybe a cute top or two and see if there were any familiar faces left working at my store. This was until I realized one thing: I really can't afford to buy ANYTHING at Nordstrom anymore. That is, not without our beloved employee discount. I found myself thinking 'holy crap, $95.00 for a T-shirt??' I think I was brainwashed while working there, and while Jacob was working there. Because now I won't buy anything over like 10 bucks. Actually let me clarify that, I won't buy a T-SHIRT for over 10 bucks. I'm still willing to splurge on 1. Jeans 2. Shoes. A good friend of mine once told me:
"If you buy a dress for $100 and only wear it once, then that is an expensive dress. But, if you buy a dress (or whatever) and wear it hundreds of times then it's worth paying the 100 bucks."
True, yes?? Or maybe that's the shopaholic in me speaking. :)
That doesn't change my feelings for this store. It's still my fav, but I'm just sad I can only look. Come to think of it, I probably shouldn't even touch. I'll just drool over Nordstrom catalog for now.
2 comments:
Julia, can I just tell you how out of it I am? I popped into Nordstrom today (girls getaway starts tomorrow) and I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW it's that special time of year again! The Nordstrom Sale used to be right up there with Christmas and 4th of July on my calendar. But now...I'm with you. Who loves Target? I do, woo hoo!
(having said that, some red lace-up stilleto boots were calling my name so loudly that I ALMOST didn't hear my common sense shouting that they would be totally unfit for life in Manson...)
Cost per wear is what I always say! I, too cannot bring myself to pay big bucks for things that I can get on sale. (well, maybe shoes) I live close to a Nordstrom but don't seem to ever go in that store! I know you think I am crazy but I do my shopping at the disount stores i.e. Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshalls and of course when I have my coupons MACYS!!!!!
Post a Comment