We're making the plunge into minivan status. That's right, don't be too jealous. I never wanted to be one of "those moms" that drove a minivan. I wanted to be a cool mom. A mom that drove a Range Rover (yeah right, in my dreams) But, to be honest, minivans are just too darn fantastic for the kiddos! When Jacob decides it's time to add a third child to the Kelly family, (who the heck knows when this will be....i'm tired of asking/begging him for a baby.) We'll be ready. The passport has fought a good fight, but it's time to lay it to rest. Time to join the club of minivan moms.
Any suggestions for a minivan? We're looking mainly at Honda Odysseys and Dodge Caravans.
12 comments:
SWEET!! Toyota sienna, my brother has one and I will have to admit it is one sweet ride! Good luck!
We got a 2005 dodge caravan with the stow-in-go storage, two years ago. We have liked it, but we have had to put a lot into it for repairs. (We have also put a lot of miles on it driving it across country and commuting with Rob's work). Make sure you are aware of the warranty and what and how long it is covered for sure. We have had to fork out a lot of money on ours. It's been nice, but we are actually looking into getting a Honda Oddessey.
As you probably already know, Honda's keep there value for several years before taking a price cut. And they are the most reliable.
My Sister-in-law has a Sienna, and loves it! There are hardly any used ones available where we are. Sienna's have an 8th seat where others have only 7. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for. Good Luck! Consumer Reports (magazine or online) is a great place to compare and contrast.
You might like the KIA van- They have gone right up to the top in reliable minivans.
I love our odyssey. look into them. you pay a little more, but in my opinion, it is worth it. we had a caravan up until a month ago, and it served us well.
I love and covet the Odyssey:). Some day, we will have enough money to buy a mini-van... but maybe I want a home first? A tough call. And I think it would be kind of nice to have the tables turned, with my husband actually being the one hesitant to have the next kid. The guy's a future lawyer and a little too persuasive with me--hence the impending baby #2.
Vans are Cool! Well if you get an Odyssey. A Odyssey is the only way to go!!! They are great! I had a tough time at first getting the van, but the doors alone will sell you. They are cool. You just push a button and the doors come open. I still feel cool pushing the button to open the doors. Odyssey baby!
I know the Toyota wasn't on your list but that's my vote. Toyotas are fantastic cars & last FOREVER. It's got all the perks (open at the click of a button, 2 side doors, 8 seats that fold down etc).
As for Jacob-whats holding him back!!! Your kids are SO adorable I can't believe he's making the world wait for another one :-)
I finished Eclipse today, read all 3 books in a little under 4 days. I'm on "team Jacob" even though Edward "wins." My heart just ached for him as I read the last few chapters today. Almost to tears...I had to remind myself its just a book.
I don't have either one but I also have heard the best things about Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey. Good luck on both fronts!
Tell Jacob to call Josh, we looked at them awhile back and are going to take the plunge too soon. But Josh is really good at checking everything out and learning everything about mini vans. We love the Odyssey, and the Tacoma, but we figured out the things that we were looking for and what vans had that. Good luck!
Well, we have had the Toyota for almost 10 years and 150,000 miles and been very satisfied.
It definitely is not cool, but if I had to go back 10 years and buy it again, I would do so without hesitation.
The Sienna is pretty pricey new, so one a few years old would probably be best. You could probably find a good deal now sincde people are wanting to buy small cars, not bigger ones.
We LOVE LOVE LOVE our Kia Sedona. It has the SAME saftey ratings as the Toyota Sienna but is less expensive! Hope that helps!
ps I swore up and down I wouldn't be a MINIVAN MOM but I LOVE our van and am PROUD to be a MINIVAN MOMMY!
We have even talked about selling the suburban!! :( We talked about the Chrysler Town & Country and the Odyssey.
Good Luck.
That is awesome that you are getting a new car. I am sure you will love it. I say you should get the one with the dvd player. Just kidding. Just really wanted to say hello and say that I want to hang with you sometime next week.
Post a Comment