I cry easily and often what can I say? Yes, I'm a girl...but I'm also a Toolson girl. (maiden name in case some of you didn't know.) So, those two things together don't mesh well. I think some of us Toolson girls have toughened up over the years, but I'm afraid I have not. Thank goodness I have an amazing husband who is willing to overlook this, at times, embarrassing fault of mine. And to be perfectly honest, Jacob is quite sensitive as well. (bet some of you didn't know that.)
I must admit that there is nothing like a good hard cry. It releases a lot of stress and afterward, well, you just feel better. (most of the time) Things don't seem as bad, and you're able to move on. And most of the time it helps me to think more clearly. Like I mentioned before, I usually cry (if not cry, get teary eyed) at least once a day.
I'm not sure why I'm exposing myself like this, but here are a few things this week that have made me cry/get teary eyed.
1. Reading Blogs. And some of your blogs make me cry every post you write! Just to name a few: Nicole, Kristin (and then reading Thomas's comment made tears spill over), Nikki, i could go on....
2. Loraya singing in sacrament meeting on Father's Day. She was the only Sunbeam there. She knew all the words to the sweet song, and it just melted my heart. She is such a sweetie.
3. My mom told me they got an offer on my house and it looks like a go. Ok, not MY house, but the house that I grew up in. My parents are to be out in about a week. I love this house, and it's sad that next time we visit Seattle, we won't be staying in that house (my house).
4. Watching Bambi with my kids. It's sad right? When Bambi's mother gets shot? It gets me every time.
5. Grey's Anatomy. I shouldn't even mention that I watch this show at all. Let's face it, it's pretty trashy. But, EVERY TIME I watch an episode tears will fall. So embarrassing.
6. And speaking of embarrassing, I was rereading New Moon for the millionth time and totally cried. Again. When Edward leaves Bella. Enough said.
7. Isaac coming up to me today and telling me "I love you mommy." Totally out of the blue. That never gets old, no matter how many times I hear it a day. I still get teary eyed.
8. Various commercials.
9. When we bought our new van. haha. I know this is idiotic. But, It's been a hard move. And with no car and confined with 2 toddlers indoors has been even harder.
Oh boy, I totally could go on and on. I know being sympathetic is a good quality, but being an over emotional silly girl is not. I'm working on it. As we talked about in sunday school:
"The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in....The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature."
--President Ezra Taft Benson
There is hope for us all. Thank goodness. Even for silly over emotional girls like me.
19 comments:
Oh my gosh I am totally a blubber too. So I could make a list of all the times I cried this last week and it would be about as long as yours. Oh yeah today driving home from the airport after I dropped my mom off I totally started crying on the way home for no reason. Thomas is so understanding of me to when I cry. Oh boy how is it gonna be when I have kids. I totally see it coming even more:)
I totally cried just ready YOUR blog!! You are preaching to the choir when it comes to crying!! My kids always make fun of me for crying over everything!! You know, you used to live here!! It never seems to go away as you age which really makes me wonder why I can't control my emotions better. I cry over EVERYTHING!! I was talking to this guy on the airplane that was sitting next to me and I got vaclempt when he started talking about his grandfather passing away! How silly was that???
I think deep down, we're all this way :-). I almost cried when Jacob left La Push for the last time. My heart just ached for him.
I know what you mean about YOUR house. When my parents moved 3 years ago, I was so sad. I slept the last night in the house and walked from room to room, talking to myself, remembering everything I could. I was bawling by the end. Now I feel like a visitor in their new home. I don't know where the serving dishes are, it took me 3 tries to find the cupboard with the cups in it... So sad.
You should try and go home one more time before they leave. It was good closure for me.
Julia, I adore you! So besides the fact that I didn't take you out for your birthday lunch that I promised...I feel so bad...I hope you know that I think you are such a good mommy and person. I admire your strengths and that you're not afraid to admit your weaknesses.
Much love- amber
P.S. Would you be available for lunch on Thursday? Friday? Please forgive me for my horrible short term memory!
As another Toolson Girl, I cry almost every day over reading the newspaper. I always imagine my own family in the stories. I heard an interview with Julianne Moore the other day. The interviewer was saying how admired she is for how well she can cry in movies. Pshaw. That would be the easiest part of being an actor!
It sounds like Kelly girls are not much different from Toolsen girls! I am totally guilty of getting teary eyed over ridiculous things but reading people's blogs gets me every time especially the cute little stories about my nieces and nephews!
Ok, I think I am the only one to comment that doesn't cry all the time. Don't get me wrong, I cry but usually only when I am overwhelmed or stressed. Sometimes, I'll have the only dry eye around and then I'll feel like a jerk. It's not that I don't care, I just don't show my emotions that often. So I could learn a thing or two from you.
"To weep is to make less the depth of grief." (W. Shakespeare)
I think crying is great! I always feel better after crying. It feels as if I had emptied all the sadness in my heart. I almost cried when I read that...Edward leaves Bella!!!! (I just got all the books yesterday, so I am still reading the first one.)
im like tiffani...i dont really cry that often but when i do its big time..so i think maybe like tiffani in that i dont cry often! anyhoo! I DO ALWAYS cry with New Moon. Its just one of those books! If you want another crier try Sundays at Tiffanys by James Patterson! SO GOOD!
So I was wondering where all my tears went. I usually only cry when I am laughing too hard and it's late at night. But I do have to come clean, this past week has been really hard (i don't know why) but I have actually cried a lot this past week. Plus I'm reading "I am a Mother" boy i've shed a few tears, which is so not like me. Sometimes i wish i could cry more easily, I feel a lot like Tiffany.
i'm a crier too-but you know that. although i have toughened up in my old age. maybe 29 will make you the same way! here's an embarrassing one, i cried at the end of meet the robinson's----lame-o
Oh, I loved your post. I totally understand being emotional. I am too. Do you want to get together on Friday? I would love to see you. I loved your comment on your post. It is so true and reading makes me step back and want to see more of what I need to change to become a better person and de-world myself. If that makes any sense. TTYL
it's nice to see that we are not alone in the world of emotional women! love you, Julia.
I love this post! I have to admit I giggled at a few of the things you cry about...like buying a minivan...haha. Love it.
I may not be a "Toolson girl" by birth, but if the crying is any indication, I really do fit right in! :) And I totally agree about commercials. The Kodak ones get me every time!
The Hallmark commercials get me. I love your post. I too am an emotional girl, and get teary eyed or cry every day. Today I got all teary eyed over Truman telling me he was happy, and while doing so, putting each index finger to a cheek. It was just so cute & made me happy that he was happy.
Julia you are so not alone, these things (or similar things) make me cry all the time too! I don't think I can remember the last time I went a day without shedding some tears! And you're just asking for it every time you read New Moon! I love that quote by the way!
Post a Comment