Thursday, June 26, 2008

Making New Memories




My parents signed the papers yesterday, so my house is officially sold. The movers come today and pack all the boxes and furniture. I think I'm glad that I won't be there to see my house empty and lock the door for the last time. It would be too sad for me. I love this house for the many memories and happiness that it offered while growing up.

Thank you mom and dad for providing a loving sanctuary to come home to. I hope and pray I can do the same for my children.

I think what I'll miss most of all about my house is Christmas time spent there. Christmas Eve party with 7 layer dip, Santa Bingo, new christmas pjs, white elephant gifts and reading of Polar Express before bed. Waking up in the morning and sitting on the stairs in anticipation of opening presents and seeing what Santa had brought. Eating warm cinnamon rolls and my Dad's super yummy eggs. But most important, was time being spent together as a family. Being the youngest by 6 years, Christmas time meant everyone coming home from college (or where ever) and no longer being the only child at home.

I'm sad to say good bye to my house in Seattle but, excited for my parents' new chapter to begin.

Good bye house. Thanks for the memories.

7 comments:

Linda Kelly said...

I know how you feel about your house. I felt the same way about leaving our home on Ronnie Court. It was hard to walk through the empty rooms and remember all the memories we had raising the 6 kids in that house. I just sat on the stairs and had a good cry. It is nice to know you can make memories in any home if you want to!! I hope your parents find a great place to settle and make new memories for your kids!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting into words what I am feeling. I just finished talking to Dorene on the phone and she was in tears. It is going to b e a little difficult leaving lifetime friends. I am going to go out today and take a bunch of pictures of my favorite spots in the area. As Linda Kelly said, we will just be making new memories.

Jaime said...

I am sure this is very difficult for you. I would have trouble if it were me. I am glad that your parents got it sold finally, and that their new adventures can begin. Maybe you could become friends with the new owners. :)

Unknown said...

It still doesn't seem real to me. I'm glad that I;m not there to see the movers pack up, but David was there helping for the first part of the week. Many good memories there. Let's go make some more! Love you.

Alexis said...

It sounds like a lot of your memories can be moved to the new home, and hope that it will bring new memories.

Anonymous said...

Hey, my phone is broke so I won't have one for a few days. I wanted to call you today to see how you are doing. I am sure you are doing good and you keep up all the good work. Hope to see you soon.

Stacie said...

That is making me cry!!!! I've said good bye to so many homes and this last time my parents sold their house was probably the hardest on me, so I totally know how you feel. Just look forward to future memories and don't forget the old ones.