It's kinda sad. But it was so sweet I had to do it to Isaac again today, just to see if he had the same reaction. He did. Let me share.
Yesterday Isaac and I were playing something or other and for some unknown reason Isaac whacked me on the hand, quite hard, with his sippy cup of milk. It hurt, not too bad, but I decided to see what happened if I faked like I was "really" hurt. So I started crying. I started my best on cue tears and told Isaac that he hurt Mommy's feelings. I covered my eyes with my hands and started 'sobbing'. I guess I'm a better actress then I give myself credit for, because what I wasn't expecting was Isaac's reaction.
I was peeking through my hands while I was "crying" and Isaac, first was just watching me. Then he started to get a really concerned look on his cute, chubby face. This was followed by a quivering pouty lower lip and his big brown eyes started swimming with tears. Isaac then started crying. Not just a little wimpy cry, but a I'm so hurt and don't know what to do cry.
I was shocked and immediately stopped my charade and took him in my arms and gave him lots of loves and kisses. Telling him over and over again how much I loved my bubs. (don't ask, when he was a baby he was totally fat and everyone called him Bubba. Now it's just been shortened to bubs. I probably call Isaac "Bubs" more then I call him Isaac.) ANYWAYS.
I did it again today. Same reaction on Isaac's part.
OK, so I'm not going to win mother of the year award. But, I was so flattered by his reaction yesterday I had to see if it would happen twice. Don't worry I won't do it again, at least I don't think I will.
4 comments:
dont feel bad....when the kids do that kinda stuff to me i do the same thing and it gets them to straighten up immediatley everytime!
That's funny...kinda! Mine don't cry hysterically when I've done that in the past, but they do get overly concerned and start apologizing over and over again and give me lots of hugs and kisses. Nothing wrong with mommy feeling loved every once in awhile.
Ahh, a truly sensitive little boy! So cute!
I just hope that he would have the same reaction if he did it to anyone else. I'm sure that I have done that in the past to my kids, but I don't remember anything. Must of not been that big of a reaction. Maybe i need to test them again, are they really sensitive kids or mean??
Post a Comment