Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Saying Goodbye


Can you hardly believe it?? Loraya's paci is no more. The "paci fairy" come the night of her birthday and gave her beloved paci to "babies in need." Loraya now informs Isaac often that the "blanket fairy" is going to come and take his beloved blankie.....not for a few more years we correct her.

This little paci has been a constant since she was born. Now that Loraya is a big 4 year old, she is moving on to big girl things. Just these small steps are harder for parents then they are for kids.

Goodbye paci.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

way to go Loraya. she is a big girl now. pretty soon it is off to school, huh?

Shannon said...

Each stage is bittersweet...even though you know it has to happen, it is hard to see them grow up. Tell her I am proud of her for sharing with other "kids in need"! :)

Leslie said...

Your right, it is harder on the parents I think. Good Job Loraya!

Jaime said...

Such a hard thing for a parent. We wont be having to do this with Truman, he was just never interested in having a paci. She's sure growing up now.

Alexis said...

I really hope that it is actually easier then you are assuming. I am also getting Bryson off his & only have it for night time. Fun fun!!

Matt said...

Rest In Peace Paci!
2004-2008

Matt said...

It's kinda funny how easy it can be sometimes. We had to break Brayden of the thumb and actually one trip to the dentist and an intellectual conversation about how bad thumb-sucking is for your mouth and thumb did the trick for him. After a week of no thumb we did reward him with a trip to Chuck E. Cheese for his "Big Boy Party". And I've never caught him sneaking his thumb since.

Stacie

Erika said...

That is really smart. The paci-fairy. What do I do when the thumb-fairy needs to visit? :-)

Jenner said...

good job loraya! what a big girl!