Friday, February 22, 2008

Only 58 more sleeps



Jacob told Loraya the other day that we're going to Disney World with Grandpa and Grandma Toolson. She hasn't stopped talking about it since. Seeing the princesses, going on the Dumbo ride, making sand castles at the beach....too good to be true for a almost 4 year old. Toddlers have no clue about time...the only way to explain was to say 'you have 58 more sleeps until we leave for Florida.' So there you go....we're on the count down now. Loraya isn't the only one that can't wait. Sun, beach, and a break from the everyday routine sounds heavenly. Can't wait...
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Jenner said...

that reminds me of robyn. sounds like a super fun time. especially thinking about the beach at this time of the year!

Amy D. said...

That does sounds Heavenly...can I come too?? Livi always says, I wake up, then go to sleep...and then so and so is coming?? Glad to see their lives revolve around sleeping. Why then will they not sleep past 7 am in my house?? Have so much fun!

Stacie said...

That's too funny! Do you remember that's how Brayden used to time everything. How many more sleeps until we go to grandma's house, how many more sleeps til I'm in kindergarten, etc. etc. I loved it! We still use it every once in awhile, and I'm sure we'll be doing it again when Andrew's a bit older.

Jaime said...

That will be so much fun. I love how the toddler mind works, it is just precious.

Shannon said...

Too cute! And I wish I we were going with you...the princesses, characters and kiddie rides are my favorite part of Disney, and my kids no longer want anything to do with that stuff! I will be looking forward to great pics on the blog! :)

The Jensen's said...

Sophie is so jealous.

Laurel said...

That does sound nice. :) I love the measurements of time toddlers come up with. And I love that picture of Loraya! So cute!

Laurel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Kelly Family said...

Sounds like so much fun. It's hard when your a kid and your SO excited, you just can't wait. I like your "sleeps" idea. Good job mom!

Shareen said...

You guys will have so much fun! Anya still doesn't have a firm grip on time either. I told her the other day that G & G are coming in a month and she says "G & G are coming tomorrow!" No, 30 days. "Next week!" I'll just wait to mention it again until a day or so before.