Isaac has been taking REALLY long naps lately....which is nice during the day. But, then at night he won't go to bed. Usually he gets up about 10 million times from his bed, and usually always joins me in bed around 4AM. Today I wanted some no kid time in the evening so I didn't put Isaac down for a nap. Around 7:20, he fell asleep while Grandma was reading a story.
4 comments:
What a treat to have quality time with Grandma. They look awfully cute together.
Julia,
I am loving pics of the Toolsen clan together! And I am seriously amazed your little guy is outgrowing his nap. I do not know what I will do when Liv gives it up. I depend on a nap, AND an early bedtime, (6:30pm), or my kiddo is not happy at all.
Since I have moved Mia into a big bed, I rarely put her down for a nap anymore. it makes bed time much easier. I don't like putting her back in bed 5-10 times before she goes to sleep. Sje still naps occasionally, but makes the evenings harder. as a baby she used to nap plus go to bed by 7. Not so any more.
What precious time it is when they sleep, isn't it? I can't believe Isaac is two now. WOW! What darling kids you have. Hyrum gave up naps last year and now I do a "solo time" with him, so I can read and/or sleep and he can have his personal time, too. Works really well after several attempts. I set a timer and remind him what time it is... and that he doesn't talk to mommy until after the timer goes off. We started with a short amount of time and then increased it as he got used to doing it. Then we do a fun activity together when it's over. I had a harder time dealing with him giving up naps than he did. I understand how it is when they wake you up in the EARLY morning hours.
Post a Comment