All the neighborhood kids and parents got together before trick or treating. It was fun meeting other parents in the area. There were over 20 kids there, it was total mayhem. But, the kids loved it.
This is how much pizza my kids ate, what kid doesn't like pizza?? No worries, I ate both of their pizzas for them...plus mine.
It was really warm last night and I've never seen so many trick or treaters in all my life!! The sidewalk was just packed. Everyone was sitting on their porch, no need to ring the doorbell. Here Loraya is waiting her turn for more candy. I'm so SICK of candy!! Loraya woke up this morning wanting candy for breakfast. I told her after lunch she could have some. So, then immediately she starts saying that she wants to eat lunch (at 8:30 in the morning). It was a long morning.
walking down our street.

8 comments:
Looks like so much fun. What a great neighborhood, you are so lucky.
Well at least someone got trick or treaters. I think that we had maybe 10, with a big bag of 150 pieces of chocolate candy bars. Right now I am wishing that we had more trick or treaters, or less candy.
My kids have been trying to trick me into letting them eat their candy, too! I said after lunch, too, and when I put lunch on the table, Brinley told me she was too full and she was done with lunch and ready for her candy. And Madelyn keeps bringing me peices telling me to open it.
I probably would never do this but you should let them pig out on candy, I mean let them eat as MUCH as they wanted...then I'm pretty sure that would cure them of the sugar fix(for awhile). Oh and thanks to you I went and bought all three of Stephanie Meyers books yesterday:)
I always start out controlling how much candy the kids get, but after a couple days it gets old and I just let them go at it! It makes the candy disappear much faster that way.
hey lady. we miss you! you should just throw the rest of the candy away. i am going to because it will take about 6 months to give my kids one piece a day until it runs out. am i going to get to see you soon?
You seem to be in a very friendly neighborhood. It is very nice especially when you are far away from home and family. We were never close to family so our friends became like family. I'm glad the kids had a good time. I agree with throwing out the candy out. It's too much of a temptation.
Mom in Seattle
We didn't have one kid knock on our door, and I even put out a carved pumpkin, and kept the porch light on.
It's just as well since we actually didn't have any candy. Josh gave away all six pounds I had purchased in the first fifteen minutes of our Church's Trunk 'R Treat in an attempt to keep Liv away from all the sugar.
Those lucky first kids at our car got handfuls of candy bars from him while all their mothers looked on horrified!
By the way, just a little shout out to 'Mom in Seattle'--(this is Sarah Chambers). I'll bet you are super proud of Julia and what a great family she has!
Post a Comment