Sunday, November 11, 2007

Nursery Reject

My very sweet, very innocent little boy got kicked out of nursery today! (OK, maybe not quite so innocent and sweet that he's almost 2) In Relief Society the nursery leader hands me my son and tells me he had been hitting, pushing, and throwing things at other kids. My Son?? *gasp* I was so embarrassed! What to do? I need him to be in nursery. I need to those two hours with out kids on Sunday to feel the spirit and get recharged for the week. I'm hoping this is just a phase he's going through. But what to do in the mean time? I never had this problem with Loraya. Maybe it's a boy thing?? I can't have my kid banned from nursery!! How embarrassing! How quickly they change from a sweet baby to a terrible two year old!

11 comments:

Amanda said...

TJ is also doing the same things in nursery! I dont know what it is...just a phase I hope!! Good luck, remember this too shall pass!

Leslie said...

Curtis was the "hitting kid" for about 3 months when he was in Nursery. Ben went with him, and helped break the habit. Don't feel bad. Anyone with BOYS has been there!

Good Luck!

Linda Kelly said...

Don't give up on Nursery. You should go in with him or Jacob could go in with him when he is available and then watch and correct his behavior. He is getting his way by hitting and getting to go be with you!! He is way to smart to not figure that one out!! Love ya

The Kelly Family said...

I've been in nursury with Maddie for the past few weeks because she is a bully in there. I know how Maddie can be, she is NOT innocent, but I also learned that the nursury leaders didn't know how to handle her deliquent behavior. I think we have corrected the problem, and also taught the nursury leaders that when she is acting up, punish her so she knows that there are consequences to her actions, instead of bringing her to me. I need that break, too.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about this. .. but I agree 100% with Jacob's mom. .

Shannon said...

Julia, I am so sorry. I once read that by choosing to be a mother, we choose to have our hearts go walking around outside of our bodies...
but I also know that when the Savior was suffering for our sins and our sorrows, he even experienced the mom-sorrows that we feel when we don't know what to do to help our kids. You and Jacob are great parents, and you will guide Isaac through this. In the mean time, the Savior truly knows how you feel...
and hey, at least Isaac isn't shy! :)

Jaime said...

WOW! Sorry to hear about Issac's little mishap. I like what your mother in law said too. Hang in there, it's just a phase and he's getting used to the new surroundings. Good luck.

Julia Kelly said...

wheres the parenting manual when you need it?? Thanks for the support and love!

Van Horne said...

I'm sure every kid has their moments. Don't worry he will grow out of it. But he is sure a good looking kid.

Anonymous said...

I guess it isn't funny, but Brian and I had to laugh anyway. I don't think any of my kids did any such thing! ha ha It sounds like you received some good advice. Linda K. raised some nice boys so she should know.

Jenner said...

sweet little isaac. i miss your kids. today we got the kids pictures taken and kennedi said she wanted to send one to loraya.