Monday, October 1, 2007

One week gone by...

I can't believe that we've been here in Morgantown, WV for a week! I have a lot of blogging to catch up on. I enjoyed the trip across the country....seeing places that I've never seen before. We passed through....California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, and finally West Virginia! The kids did so good thanks to many, many disney movies and assorted wiggles CDs, and other silly kids music. Thanks so much Jenner for burning that disney princess CD...Loraya LOVES it. She can sing along to all the songs and gets mad if Jacob or myself tries to sing.


Loraya: "NO!! don't sing mommy, just me!!"


We had a really great time visiting family and friends along the way to WV. It was so great to see all of you and we had tons of fun!


So Morgantown is so beautiful, rolling green hills. With how green it is it reminds me of Seattle, which is comforting. It will be breath taking in the next few weeks as the leaves start to turn colors. I LOVE our little house that we are renting! (built in 1920's) It has so much character and we have a whole room with just kids toys! (this has been my dream for a while now)

It took a little while but we are all on East Coast time now. It did take some getting used to. The kids have adjusted well to our new house. Last night was the first night that both the kids slept through the night without crying. The first few nights were pretty brutal for all of us. We also had a pretty intense thunder, lightening, and hail storm the second night we were here. I've never been in a storm that intense before.


We love our little church ward that we go to. It's in the boonies...takes about 35 mins to drive there. There are two wards in Morgantown and our ward is tiny. I've never felt so welcome before though. I think everyone in the whole ward came up to us and wanted to meet us and just so excited that we were going to be there. They just need people so bad, so i'll be excited to get a calling and be put to work!


Jacob is still jobless...which makes him and myself uneasy. The pay here isn't great so that will be the greatest challenge...finding something that pays half way decent. Keep him in your prayers.


We've been having fun exploring the new area around us, going on many walks and drives. We live just minutes away from downtown, which has cute little shops and lots of places to eat. The only bad thing is that we live on top of this HUGE hill....so it is quite the workout pushing the stroller (with two 27+ lbs kids) up that hill on the way back.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Oh, Just wait, you will have plenty of more thunder storms. We had one just after you guys left, so I bet that it was the same that hit us. Who knows if you guys get it worse then us, but they are pretty intense. Megan can not sleep in her room when it rains like that. I am glad that all is well (besides the job). We look forward to seeing you guys more! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the fun pictures and all the info. Even though we talk on the phone, it seems I get some additional stuff on your blog. I hope a job for Jacob comes up really soon. Sometimes it takes a while.
Mom in Seattle