Monday, September 3, 2007

California State Fair











We went to the fair today. I must say I really don't like fairs much. Why you ask? Here are some of the reasons...

1. $7 for parking, $20 for admission, $20 for food, and $20 for rides..and that was only in a two hour span.

2. It was soooo HOT! I don't like sweating....while I'm working out at the gym I love to sweat...but not so much after I have normal clothes on.

3. My feet hurt. OK, I know that wasn't the fair's fault..but it contributed to the ill feelings. I wore really cute shoes, but not so great for walking. I now have 3 blisters on my right foot.

However, Loraya and Isaac had a good time. So, I guess that's what really matters...as long as your kids are happy my complaints can be void. Loraya loved the roller coaster the best and liked looking at all the baby animals. Isaac stayed in his stroller most of the time and was happy just holding his car. At least we can say we have gone to the California State Fair and paid $6 for a corn dog.





4 comments:

Leslie said...

We sure go through a lot for our kids! I hate the fair too...and the heat, I hate to sweat too. If your kids would have hated it that would have been a bummer - good thing they liked it!

Any parties planned before you leave?

The Kelly Family said...

Looks like you had fun at the fair, too. It was so hot and by the time we finished with the animals, we were too hot and tired for the rides. And we missed out on the $6 corndog experience, but we did get some expensive kettle corn.

Nikki (Have Joy) said...

That's so funny that we were at the fair at the same time! Loraya looks so cute in these pictures. Her hair is all braided...what a good mom you are :) I can hardly get Taylen dresed in the morning!

Shareen said...

You look cute in your shoes, so what's a little pain? I've been a mean mom and haven't told my kids of the existance of the San Diego County Fair. If they don't know it exists, they can't beg me to go!